Project #1 Noise Art
!!Critque October 1!!
Project 1: Noise Art 10points
build an electronic device from a plan by a internationally known sound artist, modify (circuit bend) the device, and design/build/integrate these parts into a final interface.
- Concepts and Skills:
- -intermediate experience with electronics theory(conduction, continuity, resistance, etc.)
- -intermediate experience with prototyping on the breadborad, soldering
- -intermediate experience with electronic components, printed circuit boards, diagramming
- -intro to critical interface design, modification (modding), adaptation of existing tech, reductionist interface vs. poetic interface
- Build a kit device: Castro's Tactile Noise Machine. Students will breadboard their designs in order to discover a set of unique sounds and practice protyping and PCB construction techniques. Integrate the soldered version of the project into User Interface. Exploration of the User Interface as a critical, creative and/or artistic medium. Public Critique Evaluation.
Tactical Noise Circuit #1
- Get stuff
- Build on breadboard
- Alter the plan to see what happens (change conductor, add a wire, ect)
- Document alterations! Take pictures
- Bend the board
- Build base model, can solder right on top of other wire
- Burn up the products, experiment without fear
- Next, build base board with modifications